Travelling AllowancesCivil Services (Travelling Allowance) Rules – Recommendations of the Tenth Pay Revision Commission - Travelling Allowance on Tour - Orders - Issued.
The Tenth Pay Revision Commission has reviewed the existing Travelling Allowance Rules as per the orders issued in the G.O. first read above and recommended on the following items:
1. Revision of Pay ranges of Grades according to Revised Pay Scales, 2015.
2. Enhancement of rates of Daily Allowance payable to Government Servants while on tour within the State and outside the State.
3. Enhancement of the maximum rates of reimbursement of Lodging Charges within State and outside the State in specified places.
4. Enhancement of rates of Conveyance Charges payable to Government Servants at places outside the State, while on tour.
5. Enhancement of rates of Mileage Allowance for travel by own Motor Car / Motor Cycle.
6. Revision of eligibility to travel by train in first class.
7. Revision of eligibility to travel by A.C. buses of T.S.R.T.C.
Grades At Municipal At Hyderabad/ At Delhi Mumbai
Corporations eitherSecunderabad Chennai, Kolkata
within the state or (Rs.) Bengaluru (RS)
outside the state except
those cities mentioned in
columns (3) & (4) (Rs.)
II 300 450 525
III 200 300 350
These orders shall come into force with effect from 01.05.2015 i.e., in respect of the journeys performed on or after 01.05.2015 or commenced prior to 01.05.2015 and continued beyond 01.05.2015.
Necessary amendments to the Civil Services (Travelling Allowance) Rules, 1996 shall be issued in due course.
Travel by Train:
Government servants drawing pay in the revised pay scale of Rs.28940-78910 (corresponding to the existing scale of Rs.14860-39540) and above shall be eligible to travel by first class. All other employees shall be eligible to travel by second class.
The Pay Scales assigned for Automatic Advancement Scheme in respect of Government servants/Non-teaching Staff and the Career Advancement Scheme in respect of Teaching Staff shall not be taken
into account for determination of the eligibility to travel by train.
Only the Pay Scales attached to the posts shall be taken into account for determination of the eligibility to travel by train.
As the railways have dispensed with first class in several trains, it is hereby ordered, that wherever first class is available in the train, the employees, who are eligible to travel by first class, may
travel either in 1st class or in 2nd A.C. or in 3rd A.C. or in A.C. Chair car. If there is no first class in the train the employee may travel either in 2nd A.C. or in 3rd A.C. or in A.C. Chair car.
The employees who are eligible to travel by second class may also travel by sleeper class.
Government also hereby decide, not to allow the Tatkal charges except in cases of journeys between the originating station and the terminating station, that too in cases where there was no sufficient time for the employee to purchase the tickets in advance which should be certified by the controlling officer.