Government has issued the Orders on recommendations of 10th Pay Revision Commission, Three months Child Care Leave to the women employees of the State vide G.O.Ms.No 209 Dt. 21.11.2016
Government, after careful consideration of the report, hereby order that women employees of the State Government having minor children be granted Child Care Leave, by the authority competent to grant leave, for a period of three (3) months, not exceeding 15 days in any spell, in the entire service to look after two eldest children upto the age of 18 years (22 years in case of disabled children) for any of their needs like examinations, sickness etc., subject to the following conditions.
- Child Care leave of three months can be sanctioned in not less than 6 spells to look after two eldest children up to the age of 18 years and in case of disabled children up to 22 years. The Child Care leave shall be permitted only if the child is dependent on and residing with the Government servant.
- LTC cannot be availed during the Child Care Leave.
- The leave account for child care shall be maintained in the prescribed proforma enclosed and it shall be kept along with the Service Book of Government servant concerned. The leave shall be deducted from the child care leave account. It should not be clubbed with regular leave account.
- The Head of the office shall ensure that the availment of Child Care leave to an employee will not affect the functioning of the office for which necessary orders depending upon the circumstances of the office may be issued.
- Child Care leave cannot be construed as a matter of right. It requires the prior sanction of the competent authority.
- The Women employees shall be paid leave salary equal to the pay drawn immediately before proceedings on leave.
- Child Care Leave may be combined with leave of any kind due and admissible, except LTC.
- The Child Care Leave is admissible during the period of probation also. However, the period of probation shall be extended to that extent.
- The existing facility of maternity leave up to 180 days is separate from the Child Care Leave and the Child Care leave may be sanctionedin continuation of maternity leave or any other leave, other than Casual Leave and Spl.Casual leave.
These orders shall come into force with immediate effect.