GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA ABSTRACT
School Education Department- Model Schools –Guidelines and procedure for admission of students into Model Schools in the State of Telangana – Change of admission pattern – Amendment – Orders – Issued
SCHOOL EDUCATION (PROG.II) DEPARTMENT
Dated 09 .06.2015
Read the following:
1.G.O.Ms.No.17, Education (SE-Prog.I) Department. Dated 11.02.2013.
2.From the Director of School Education and Ex-Officio Project Director,
RMSA/Model Schools, Telangana, Hyderabad, Lr. No. 550/B1/MS/TS/2013,
dt: 23.02.2015, 23.03.2015 & 29.04.2015.
3.G.O.Ms. No.8, S.E.(Prog.I) Dept., dated 01.06.2015.
In the G.O. 1st read above, Government issued Guidelines and procedure for admission of students into Model Schools in the State of Andhra Pradesh from the
Academic Year 2013-14.
2. In the reference 2nd read above, the Director of School Education and Ex-Officio Project Director, RMSA/Model Schools, Telangana, Hyderabad has requested to declare Telangana State Model Schools as Specified Category under Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 and to issue certain amendments to the guidelines and procedure issued in the reference 1st read above.
3. In the reference 3rd read above, Government have declared Telangana State Model Schools as Specified Category Schools under Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.
4. After careful examination of the proposal of the Director of School Education and
Ex-Officio Project Director, RMSA/Model Schools, Telangana, Hyderabad in the reference 2nd read above and keeping in view the orders issued in the reference 3rd
read above, Government hereby issue the following amendments to the guidelines and procedure prescribed in the G.O. 1st read above :
It is also proposed that admissions
The admissions for Classes VI to X
for classes VI, VII, VIII shall be
shall be done by conducting written test
done as per the provisions of RTE
and admissions into Junior College
Act XXXV of 2009 and procedure
Intermediate 1st year shall be based on
followed by APREIS will be
the marks got in the S.S.C.
Intermediate shall be based on the
marks scored in the SSC
Examination in the order of merit.
The lists of applicants class wise
All the eligible applicants will be allowed
and reserved community wise will
for a written test on the prescribed date
be sent to the selection committee
& time to select the candidates on merit
for drawl of lots or selection by merit
as per marks scored in SSC for the
Convener Principal of the Model
purpose of Intermediate Admissions
Schools and Principal of the Model
through the Convener Principal of
School of the Mandal shall participate
Model Schools and the Principal of
and finalize the selections. Intermediate
the Model School of the Mandal
admissions will be based on marks
shall participate in the selections for
scored in the SSC. The Director of
admissions as member when the
school is being taken up.
notification with Schedule of Syllabi,
Applications, Conduct of Written Test,
Preparation of Selection Lists etc. till
completion of the admissions.
The selection of the students will be
The Convener Principal, after preparing
made through a committee formed
the list of selected candidates, shall
submit the selection list to the District
Addl.Joint Collector of the District
either at a central place on one or
Chairmanship of the Addl. Joint
more days or at different places
Collector and with the following
depending on the number of
members for final approval:-
schools located in the District. The
constitution of the committee shall
be as below:
(Education) – Chairman.
District Educational Officer –
IV. Deputy Educational Officer, RMSA
III. Regional Inspecting Officer, BIE
V. Principal – Convener of the Model
Schools – Convener of the District.
RMSA – member.
Principal of APREIS/
concerned – Member.
Collector – Member.
of one of the Model
(to co-ordinate the work of
admissions of all the schools in
VII. Principal of the Model School –
Member – (while finalizing the
admissions of that school).
The Committee will draw the lots in
presence of parents / public
representatives to ensure complete
students for admissions.
5. The above order shall come into force from the Academic year 2015-16.
6. The Director of School Education and Ex-Officio Project Director, RMSA/Model Schools, Telangana, Hyderabad shall take necessary action in the matter, accordingly.